Entries

Listen: Chris Brown's Single 'Nobody's Perfect'




Friday, November 9, 2012

This morning, L.A. radio station Power 106 premiered Chris Brown's new high-intensity dance single "Nobody's Perfect." Based on Chris Brown's tweet last night, it seems 'Perfect' is not for a "Fortune" re-release, but rather a new album altogether.


I love when the pre-chorus kicks in, and I live for the dance break. After the second listen, I was definitely chanting along: "Nobody, nobody - nobody's perfect but you."

It's not repetitively annoying ('Beautiful People'), or necessarily generic...but something about it makes me want to drag the song. Maybe I just miss his old stuff. You know, when his voice wasn't drowned out behind excessive dance beats, and when he was actually trying to sing. It seems like all his songs these days are either club stompers or urban mid-tempos about pussy. I think he's sort of lost focus musically. I think a stripped down, less dance more pop, version of this song would have been a much bigger, multi-format hit.

3 comments:

  1. It is just generic dance music with a soul. I'm boring with him making bad new stuffs. The F.A.M.E. is his best album yet. I am not hoping for any good music from him anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? FAME (and Fortune) are easily his most contrived and soulless records.

      Delete
  2. I like it.

    Buttttt

    Yes it is generic but anyting is better than flopyour body

    ReplyDelete

 

Connect

Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Check Us Out on Google+

Copyright © 2010 • MartianTV • All rights reserved