Entries

Rita Ora Slays 'R.I.P.' On 'The Late Show'




Thursday, November 1, 2012

Words cannot explain how much I LIVE, LIVE, LIVE for live interpretations of tracks, especially with a live band and a great vocalist that can add those special little adlibs into the song - it adds such a new found respect, and enjoyment for a track that I wasn't getting from the studio version of the track. For example, the intro on P!nk's "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" - SO much better live, the band was gettin' it! And I still don't sing "Paparazzi" by Lady GaGa the same way since the 2009 VMA's.

With that in mind, Rita Ora blazed the stage last night at "The Tonight Show with David Letterman" where she performed her U.K. chart topper and current U.S. single, "R.I.P." Check out the gritter, live interpretation of the track below!



Like I was saying above, live performances can definitely help a song. I generally ignored "R.I.P." but Rita definitely caught my attention with her energetic and pitch perfect performance of the track! It's not surprising though, we all know Rita's problem isn't spot-on vocals, but rather the tracks her label is giving her -- but that's a story for later....

Your thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Connect

Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Check Us Out on Google+

Copyright © 2010 • MartianTV • All rights reserved