Entries

New Music: Ashlee Simpson - 'Bat For A Heart'




Tuesday, November 20, 2012

As promised, Ashlee Simpson premiered her new song "Bat For A Heart." Take a listen below!



"I'm gonna bang, bang - fuck you up, twist you out inside of my head."

I'm definitely slow hip-dipping to "Bat For A Heart" like Britney is here, but I'm honestly not so sure how I feel about the track overall. The whole black-and-white videos, indie/hipster, Tumblr sect of the music industry is being well cornered by the likes of Sky Ferreira and Lana Del Rey, etc. This just doesn't feel AUTHENTIC to me because we've all seen the kind of music she was coming out with before her disappearance from music.

Now don't get me wrong, I love when an artist evolves and experiments with new sounds - but would Ashlee be going for this vibe if it wasn't the "in" thing right now?

I don't know, maybe I'm off base here...I DO like the track though.

"Bat For A Heart" hits iTunes tonight.

8 comments:

 

Connect

Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Check Us Out on Google+

Copyright © 2010 • MartianTV • All rights reserved