Entries

Listen To Solange's Amazing New Single 'Losing You'




Tuesday, October 2, 2012

After a four year break, Solange is back and with a brand new single titled "Losing You." It's DEFINITELY worth checking out.

The entire vibe of this song is just life.

Honestly, I wasn't really checking for this song beforehand but after listening to it, I can't get enough! What kind of 80s, early 90s knock is this Solange?! I feel nostalgic just listening to this song, and it was released today...

Solange was serving background harmonies that would make her older sister proud. I'm hearing Janet and Mariah influences...maybe a little Madonna? It's pop, it's R&B - it's retro, yet current. It's fresh, but it feels familiar. 

Get into it, and it's fitting music video, directed by Melina.


Buy the song on iTunes now!!

7 comments:

  1. YESSS!!! WEEEERRRRRKKKK!!!!! Giving me a juice glass FULL-OF-LIFE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah this was giving me some Janet Rhythm Nation 1814 earl gray with some of that Mariah 90's remixed sugar + cream teas, GORL! It's everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Wynter Gordon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see it vocally but Wynter would nevah with this kind of haute beat. And I'm not being shady towards Wynter because everybody knows Doleo was on repeat all summer.

      Delete
    2. Totally!! That's exactly what I said in my draft of the post before I edited it out. It's like a polished Wynter Gordon track.

      Delete
  4. It's like so annoying that it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the video looove the song.

    it does kinda remind me of "stimela," but i really think that's more coincidence than anything else because it also sounds similar to devonté hynes production style on blood orange.

    when is wynter's new ep dropping any way?

    ReplyDelete

 

Connect

Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Check Us Out on Google+

Copyright © 2010 • MartianTV • All rights reserved