Entries

MartianTV Predicts 2013 In Music




Saturday, December 29, 2012

If you haven't figured it out yet, 2013 is already shaping up to kick 2012's ass in music! The announcement of a new Pepsi endorsed era from Beyoncé has me more excited than anything that happened over the past year. I don't think it will stop there, though! Here are some of my predictions for what will happen in 2013. Categorized by artist.

Beyoncé - The Queen Bey obviously has a lot planned for her new era and I expect her to have a "comeback" of epic proportions... for like a month of two. Remember how Born This Way was completely over-hyped and front-loaded in it's success? I expect the same from Beyoncé. Sure, she'll coast along with a few Top 20 singles, but I only expect the first single to go #1 and the album to spend no more than 3 weeks on top of the Billboard Top 200 Album's chart.

Lady Gaga - There's not much more left for Gaga to do that will shock us. I mean, she could murder a kitten on stage and I honestly don't think anyone would think twice about it. I predict that she'll end up ditching the urban sound we've been hearing on songs like "Cake Like Lady Gaga" for more pop radio friendly songs due to pressure from the label. I do see her doing features that will help her find success on the urban charts. I also think we'll get the feature from Azealia Banks on the album after all.

Rihanna - I think it may actually happen. I think Rihanna may finally take a year off from making music after promotion for Unapologetic ends. Let's face it, there aren't any more smash hits left on the album after "Diamonds."

Lol, who am I kidding. For the sake of accuracy, I'll predict album #8 just in time for Christmas accompanied with a #2 debut. Cover of Italian and British Vogue. Rumors will swirl of a love triangle between Chris, Rihanna and Kucaracha. Rihanna will continue to claim they are only friends and not romantically involved. She's just letting the controversy boil over.

Britney Spears - I'm so excited about Britney's year. It's going to be amazing. She'll come out with new music and it will be really cool. Her first single will be really different and awesome. It will be her favorite song from the album. Her second single will amazing and it will definitely be her favorite song on the album.

I don't expect a marriage to happen, but I don't think she'll be done with him for good. I think when asked about it, she'll just say they're waiting for the right time and not rushing anything because they want it to be amazing.

I see Britney and her team refusing to talk about X-Factor until it's announce she's been replaced.

Adele - She's going to come back all upbeat, skinny and happy but no one will care. People have always loved Adele for her ability to break your heart with her heartbreak. She'll approach her new era with music that is sonically similar to 21, but the tone will be less depressive.

She will also finally do a tour that doesn't get canceled.

Taylor Swift - She's going to break the record for touring in the US. Red will be close to 4x platinum in the US by the end of the year. I think she'll end up breaking up with whoever she's dating now and end up with some unknown bad boy for a while. "I Knew You Were Trouble" will become #1 in Jan. She won't have any more #1s on the Hot 100. She'll also begin recording a pop album, though she'll claim it's still country.

Shakira -  I think she'll drop an incredible album that will bring her back into the better positions of the US singles charts. I do think her actual album will under-perform, though. Something tells me to look for a big collaboration.

Girls Aloud - After this Ten era is over and done with, I expect lots of rumors about the girls not getting along to start. Sarah will do some ridiculous tell-all book that no one will buy. I expect Cheryl to have another album come out that helps her make it in the US. I also see her replacing Britney on X-Factor. Nicola will also release another album that's geared towards mainstream success in the UK. I expect a big single from her, but her album will do about the same as Cinderella's Eyes. The other girls don't matter and will continue to not matter.

Kelis, Robyn and Roisin Murphy will all give us incredible dance albums that will not sell well in the US.

The Wanted will release an album that will flop, but have at least two Top 10 singles.

Hilary Duffy, Mariah Carey, Jessica Simpson, Fergie and Nelly Furtado will all give us new albums. Gwen Stefani will surprise us with solo album #3.

Justin Timberlake will diss Justin Bieber and start working on a new album towards the end of the year. 

Kelly Rowland will put out a dance album. Michelle Williams will do the same. People will still compare them both to Beyoncé.

Nicki Minaj will say something ratchet that causes her to lose lots of fans. Will put out a pop album.



What are your predictions for 2013?

7 comments:

  1. the shade for nicki tho. :)
    I'm excited for bey gaga and brit. hmmm and i won't reject new material from riri... she always surprise me... still in love with stay and nobody's bussiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about wand erection?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You missed out M.I.A and Lily Allen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lily Allen will slay. No need to predict that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so ready. I've been waiting sooo long.
      SLAY MY LIFE.

      Delete
  5. I think Britney's album will be heavily influenced by urban sounds.

    ReplyDelete

 

Connect

Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Check Us Out on Google+

Copyright © 2010 • MartianTV • All rights reserved