Entries

Listen To Christina Aguilera Boast For Two Minutes




Sunday, October 7, 2012

Christina Aguilera has released a new interview on her Youtube channel promoting her current single "Your Body." Honestly, it's nearly two-minutes and thirty seconds of self-absorption and delusion.

I've read between the lines and translated the entire transcript of the interview below. You can also watch the interview under my translated transcript.

Well, I appreciate hearing you say, you know, 'power-housing your way through that song' - because it was very important to me that if I were to work with Max Martin and do a song so pop driven, that I was still able to be myself. And you know, throughout my career - it's very apparent that I'm a risk taker. I sort of go off the beaten path and want to try new things, you know - getting DJ Premier for my "Back to Basics" record, working with Sia and these sort of electronic, underground musicians and artists for "Bionic" was amazing. That was an experimental record that will surpass time, maybe it was too ahead of its time for certain people...but music people, they really really get my records - that I'm constantly evolving and growing. So to come full circle now, it's all about embracing everything that I love. Max Martin came into the picture with this great song but I said 'I can only do this, if I'm allowed to be myself - and put Christina on it and use my pipes.' Doing the show, I realize how many people truly do get inspired to sing themselves and it takes it back to a place where, yeah, I use to grow up listening to Whitney's records and Etta James and learning their ad-libs and runs and dissecting it and wanting to better myself. So I take it on as my own personal responsibility to keep that spirit alive, and I'm able to really sing vocally on 'Your Body' while still keeping it fun, and fresh and sorta pop - people love that [laughs]. It's one level of the record, it's a very multidimensional record full of layers and love and there's a "Lotus" intro that sort of sets it all up and gives out the tone from the second you put on the record and it is all about vocals - the first thing you hear are just vocals on the CD which was really important for me coming off "The Voice" to inspire the next generation of raw, great, talented vocalists.

I like Christina, but sometimes it's like "Really??" when it comes to the things she says.

14 comments:

  1. Aww Miss Piggy is delusional.... cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comment... It is certainly the best summary of all... :D

      Delete
    2. Lmao! Heaviness aside, her face does have the shape and colors of Miss Piggy! Miss Piggy and her are both divas and can be nasty at times, so that's a perfect name for her. I say we started a trend.

      Delete
    3. Oops, I meant "I say we start a trend."

      Delete
  2. and this is why she can't sell. she isn't likable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have such a horrible life, and a very low selfstime. She is proud of her work and that is not a bad thing. We the fighters also are. She is not hurting anyone, not talking bad or dissing on someone else. Such a pity that people who clearly have no criteria like you, is allow to write on a blog. I see this is from LEM, who the fuck are you? Where's martian?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cue the violins. There's a difference between being proud of your work and boasting about your work. Also, instead of acknowledging her failures with "Bionic," she attempted to completely turn the tides inferring that the audience was too wrapped up in the generic hits of today to understand how that album was years before its time. Absolutely ridiculous.

      Delete
    2. Sure thing sista, I mean she is standing by herself, defending her work, she and her true fans believe in it. Haters just want her to say, "yes I agree Bionic is trash"! delusional haters, they really don't know what they talking about.

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry guys, your arguments are valid and everything but what the hell does "Selfstime" mean?

      Delete
    4. ...not talking bad? You mean like how she bad-mouthed Gaga until it damaged her to the point where she had to shut up? And now she has the nerve to insult everyone who didn't like Bionic by saying we didn't understand it because it was too ahead of its time?

      She's egocentric and thinks she's better than everyone else. THATS one of the reasons she isn't selling right now. Look at what a bad public image did to Chris Brown. It makes a difference. His music has remained good, but you never hear it on the radio.

      Delete
  4. "Experimental record that will surpass time..." Yeah in the book of Guiness World of FLOPS

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sad that she is the voice of your generation....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fuck you, you dumb bitch! I'm prob the same generation as you! I just don't want a fat cunt that's over the top delusional, and flops at everything she does, representing me. Plus, FATina doesn't sing, she SCREAMS. Fuck off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. Xtina stans going crazy here :')

    ReplyDelete

 

Connect

Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Check Us Out on Google+

Copyright © 2010 • MartianTV • All rights reserved