Entries

Lana Del Rey's 10 Minute 'Ride' Video




Friday, October 12, 2012


Today, Lana Del Rey premiered the music video for "Ride," the lead single for her upcoming re-release "Born To Die: The Paradise Edition." Watch Lana's 10 minute quest for freedom below:


The opening and ending monologues are breathtaking, and even when the actual music video kicked in - I was still completely captivated the entire way though. After grasping the entire concept behind the visual and re-watching, the last sentence in her closing monologue gave me chills!

Slayed.

3 comments:

  1. Do you guys think that the music video was part of the real meaning of the video? Or do you think it was just made for effect/the music video? I don't follow Lana enough to know, but I always thought that this song was written about her music career and relationship with the media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She tweeted something like "thank you for letting me show you my story" or something like that... but i do think it has some relation to her past and her struggle to become a star

      Delete
  2. Yeah. I really think the song is a metaphor for her relationship with the industry. Specifically, "Don't break me down
    I've been travelin' too long
    I've been trying too hard
    With one pretty song."

    Don't break me down - She's been criticized by the media after her SNL performance and hype was built up, even though she's a great singer.
    With one pretty song - "Video Games" and how it hyped her up and yet the public was disappointed by her album release. There's more, but I'll stop here for now.

    ReplyDelete

 

Connect

Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Check Us Out on Google+

Copyright © 2010 • MartianTV • All rights reserved