Entries

Katy Perry Takes A Seat




Sunday, July 8, 2012


Katy Perry has officially announced her break from the industry, not mentioning just how long she'd be gone. 

According to an article by MTV, Perry has mentioned that she wants to take a break from the media to let her hair down and write some bitchin' new music. She probably needs one since the Teenage Dream era has been going for almost two years now and has included tons of promotional performances, a huge world tour, a divorce and a movie that made you live all of those moments with her and cry your eyes out. 

I'm going into hiding. I want to go and write songs in the woods or something. I'm gonna unplug, take my hair extensions out, feel my head again. I'm gonna unplug and recharge, if that makes any sense. I'm gonna go away. I'm sure you know it's time for me to go the fuck away.
Not quite sure if that means we'll be getting single treatment for "Dressing Up," but I doubt it.

I'm just happy and proud that she realizes that constantly living in the media isn't the best way to rise to the top. Take note Rihanna, as i'm sure this break will help set Katy up for a massive jump back into the scene. Anticipation is the best way to build hype and without it you'll just keep releasing albums with less and less success. A #1 or top ten hit here and there is cool, but it seems like everyone's doing it. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm actually happy about this. She deserves and needs one....I'm glad she knows when to "recharge" lol hopefully she'll totally go to the dance studio and come back with some killer dance moves :D haha wishful thinking I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's going to be in another movie in June next year, so a late Spring release could benefit from it.

    ReplyDelete

 

Connect

Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Check Us Out on Google+

Copyright © 2010 • MartianTV • All rights reserved