Entries

Get Into It: Korby Lenker




Monday, July 16, 2012

Korby Lenker, with his boy band baby face and sleek, glowing blue eyes, has been my latest Spotify obsession. I saw him perform live a few weeks ago and the music itself was so charming and clever that I knew to keep my eye on him. Luckily, for me, YouTube and Spotify exist.

I remember one song sticking out during his four song set at The Rutledge in Nashville, "My Little Life," which had the crowd chanting "doo do doo do" by the end. It's also the current single from his fresh EP, Heart of Gold. 


His music has a smooth coffee shop feeling which will probably remind anyone unfamiliar with Korby of Jason Mraz, but let me assure you that it's much better. That's not a shot at Jason Mraz, by the way. There's just a more genuine, down-to-earth, southern comfort feel to Korby's music. His music crosses many genres from country and bluegrass to pop and anti-folk. It's feel-good music.

Check out his dressed-down acoustic version of Lana Del Rey's "Video Games," which he slays mercilessly. 



As I said before, you can get all of his releases on Spotify by searching his name, or you can find his music on iTunes. If you don't, you suck and you're missing out on a great up-and-coming artist.

You can also find him on Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Connect

Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Check Us Out on Google+

Copyright © 2010 • MartianTV • All rights reserved